Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bad me

I didn't take my camera, so I have no pictures to share, but last night I had a good reason to get my nails done, put on lipstick and get dress up. Bluestem, the gallery here in Columbia that carries my work was celebrating their 25th birthday.
From 7-9 PM the champagne flowed (I opted for sparkling white grape juice).I know. I know, but I never told you I was a party person, Servers were hampered from time to time as they tried weaving through the throngs with their trays of strawberries and wafers of both milk and dark chocolates embossed with Bluestems's logo signature.
Delicious.
Artist, past and present and patrons all crowed into the space. I chatted with several while listening to the chamber type music that was being played by a small trio tucked discretely into a corner of the second room of the three room gallery.
I had a good time, but it doesn't take much to do that for me any more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is interesting. My sister is a prof at the University and I am sure I will be visiting her in Columbia this year... Where is the Bluestern Gallery? It looks like a place I will need to visit.

Cheers, Ellen

Juanita Yeager said...

Ellen, Bluestem is located near the University. Its on Ninth Street, mid block between Broadway and Cherry