Saturday, September 07, 2013

Some times something isn't done when you think it is

As I sat quilting on this piece I kept looking at the orange ones as it hung on the design wall waiting for a time when I felt like sewing on the facing, sleeves and a label.  The more I looked at it the more I knew I had to do more to it.  Some thing wasn't quite right.  The something I realized was that I could not visualize how the middle stem at the bottom of the composition could possibly connect to the biggest bloom  even though that was my intentions. 




Here is the before.  What to do?

 


I like it better with the addition of the seed pod and the addition of another stem that is positioned so that it looks like it belongs to the largest bloom.  Better...
   I like odd numbers.  Would five stems and another seed pod work in the composition?  I will keep looking at this piece and contemplate the addition.
Now back to quilting.



1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

Perfect solution! And if you're really asking, I think 5 is the way to go, too!