Monday, February 12, 2007

Flowers are fun

I have finished the commission I was working on and found I have been in a very good mood since I started it. The back ground gave me a little trouble because I did not want to handle in my usual fashion and was looking for something a little different, but once I worked through that it was all smooth sailing. Creating flowers make me happy and these especially so even thought they are not in my customary colors of yellow, orange and hot red.
while I was working I have been listening to two books on tape and laughing my fool head off. Strange isn't it when the more important thing(s) in your life go well (health, family, creativity) how everything else seems to follow suit.
When once I could not find a book that looked interesting enough to read to my self or have read to me. That is not longer the case. When I went off to the Library on Saturday I found more book to listen to then I was allowed to check out. (There is a 5 book on tape-CD limit) And since I have decided not to beat myself up over my love of flowers and desire to use them in my work I also found 5 books in the library that I have been leafing through before bedtime, hoping that some of the images during the night settle into my creative brain cells and come into being in the form of an idea for my next piece when I wake in the mornings.
I must tell you if you have not read or listened to "The Red Hat Club Rides Again" you must. It is a HOOT. I was laughing out loud so hard in places as I listen to the book that I was crying real tears. I must find the Red Hat Club, the first book by Haywood Smith. I hope it is on tape and was just checked out at the Library. There is NOTHING LIKE A GOOD LAUGH.
Back to the quilt that has no title at this point. All that is left is to attach "escape-hatch" backing Melody Johnson style, the sleeves and label and then I shall begin to do some dyeing that I have been putting off. For a time the reason was I didn't have any soda ash, but I located a pool supply store about 3 miles from the house and went off to buy a 50 pound bag of the stuff last week. (50 pounds was the smallest quantity I could find locally since it is not POOL SEASON. No matter soda ash does not eat so it will be easy to keep and although 50 pounds sounds like a lot; by volume it isn't that much.
I had planned to go fly to Louisville tomorrow for a quick over night er. But the weather isn't cooperating. They are forecasting snow and a lot of it starting late tonight and into tomorrow which would makem making the 110 mile drive to St. Louis risky. I love the ladies in my critique group and miss them a lot and was really looking forward to seeing them .... BUT.
Maybe the weather will be better for the March meeting. I really hope so.

No comments: