Monday, April 08, 2013

Yesterday was the deadline

I gave myself a 10 day limit  to get back to stiching after the closing, the moving and teaching/speaking for three days last month..  There were times  when I didn't think I would, but I made it.
Before dinner on yesterday I went to the garage and sandwiched a piece I had painted a couple of weeks ago and sat quilting in heavenly peace until Lyn and the grandsons joined me in my space to watch the ladies of UofL win their simi-final NCAA game.   YEA...Go CARDS!!!

There are still things to be done to and about the house, such as I need  to shop for a dining set for the eat-in kitchen space.  Right now the trash can and tri-pod are residing there and while I on most days not sit down to eat there alone, the space is too large to leave bare. 
 I also need to hang art work, bric-a-brac or my quilts throughout the space, but I will put that off until I decide what color walls I can live with.  At this point I am warming to the color that is here  because all of the paint samples I choose prior to waking up to the fantastic light that come into this space are too light... I would need sunglasses to live here if I used any of them.  
To make my color selection I taped the samples to the wall and  viewed each throughout the day, one at a time and found them all to be too bright, too light and I who love bright sunshiny days and lots of day light never thought that was possible. So more and more I am feeling comfortable with what is here. I just need to find what color it is and do some touch-up instead of totally repainting the place.
 
I also need to decide what window treatments if any I will hang in the sitting area of my in house studio space.
 Through these windows I get a picture perfect view of the community pool.  It's close enough that I could rightly claim to have a pool in my yard.
  There is still a sink to purchase and have installed in the garage and a little more weeding through of stuff not important enough to unpack and find a place for. But when I do, I know I will need another shelf or I will have to finish out the attic space to use for storage.  But for now of that stuff I still need to go through, I have decided it can all wait for a little while.  I am not a keeper of unimportant stuff and don't want to become that kind of a person simply because there is space for it in the garage, so I am sure I will get back to tending to this chore shortly.  Already in the unpacking I have made three trip to the near-by Goodwill. 

Supplies and equipment (stuff) is on the shelves in the garage sort of by how I will use it but I think I will have a better idea of  better placement after I have worked out there for a spell especiall when I begin doing some wet work.  But for now with the tall table the space is  great for sandwiching a quilt. The 505 is close at hand as well as scissors, backing fabric and the roll of batting.  On the wall to the left that you can't see will be the utility sink and shelves with wet work supplies and other stuff.

Here's a look at my inside studio space as it looks this morning.
This is the view to the back yard (west side) as I see it from my computer desk area.
My bedroom is located off a very short hall on the left. The hall space is just big enough to need
something to keep it from looking bare but  not big enough to do something important there. So for now it is bare. 
The windows on the north wall, opposite the desk and television, limited me to a 6'  tall by 11' wide as installed design wall space.  I covered the 2" foam with grey felt, because the white felt was too stark and glaring. Again, I never would have thought it.   I am planning to store a couple of  8' x 4' felt covered 2" thick foam panels in the garage for use when I am working on something large or to move outside for photography when needed. 
 
Now back to the sewing machine.
 

No comments: