Saturday, December 19, 2009

I know a lot of you are living with a

lot of white stuff on the lawn, but here in my neck of the woods (mostly palm trees) the sun is shining and it is warm. So it is no wonder I haven't gotten in to making art in my typical fall/winter palette (browns, blacks, greys. Even my favorite background color, dark dark purple, has taken a turn toward red as seen in the background of one of my latest two pieces. These are not very wide, the orange flower measures 20 x 40 and the red one will be 17.5 x 40 when faced. Both will be part of the exhibit in Ann Arbor. Here are some close-up images of the quilting in both pieces for those who have wanted to see more of my quilting.
 

 

Went to see Up in the Air with George Cloney. Good movie. Lots of aerial views that make you think of quilts by the way. And for anyone who travels a lot, it offeres moments of memories, if you have a fondness for airports. Today my youngest child is 39 years old, My, there was a time in his life when I didn't think he would live to see his teens. He such a dare devil. But he was afterall a BOY who turned into a nice man in my opinion, but I AM HIS MOTHER. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYKE.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful quilts!

Carol said...

Your quilting is absolutely scrumptuous and the signature puts the icing on the cake.

Susan Turney said...

These are beautiful, Juanita! I can see a group of them hanging on a long wall! If it's a sale as well as an exhibition, I don't think you'll be bringing any of them home! And I love the collage....it would make a great quilt, too!!!!
Merry Christmas to you! I hope you have wonderful holidays!

margaret said...

Juanita
i love what you are doing these days, the colors the joy and the sparkle. florida sounds wonderful, it is really feeding your soul. i hope that you have a very happy blue moon as you start this creative and productive year. margaret