Sunday, December 06, 2009

You don't need any formal medical training

to know that you can be perfectly fine one minute and within the hour be sicker than a dog. I honestly can not say I am sick, I just feel yucky. For certain what I have is not the flu, I'm not that sick. Just under the weather so to speak having what my granny would classify as " a cold that settled in my throat" as opposed to settling in my head or lungs. With a nod to my RN training and medical correctness, I have a case of pharyngitis that I think is more viral than bacterial since I am better with no medication after three days even though I still have an occasional spells of coughing.

On Monday my Sis-n-law Brenda from LA stopped by with three of her college classmates/sorority sisters for a four hour visit. Today the conversation was more general and the time passed quickly. My daughter Rene dropped by to see her Aunt and after they left Rene and I went out to my favorite eating place, "Sweet Tomato",

All of this sickly stuff started on Tuesday.I could tell my taste buds were off as I was eating a salad in the food court at the Mall to which I had walked because I was in search of a small back pack or back pack purse to wear when I do my morning walk. In it I plan to put my camera, a journal and a pen, maybe some fruit, nuts and a container of yogurt. I can't tell you how many mornings I have wished for my camera to capture some texture, pattern or image. I have often thought how nice it would be to sit near the water to journal as well. Alas, no small back packs to be found,

On Wednesday with a cough and a low grade temperature I finished hand stitching the facing on my last piece and began to plans for my next one.

Note: to all who are concerned that I roll my work and put them in the closet. Don't worry, they will be seen as I am working toward the total number of pieces I need for an exhibit in Ann Arbor, MI that opens Feb. 12th, 2010. In my next post I will give you more details about local, etc.

On Thursday, I was alternating between hot tea with lemon when I had a chill and cold ginger ale when my temperature spiked and I took to my bed with some knitting which I did between periods of drowsiness.

On Friday I was out of bed and working in spurts interrupted with periods of sitting on the couch with my feet up knitting.

On Saturday I made a trip to one of the local quilt shop to buy 505, thread and some fabric for the backing of this current piece, since I did not have a two yard length of any thing suitable for a backing in the house.

So sad... I still have not found that one quilt shop that carries all of my favorite things. Right now I am not having any luck finding Superior Mono-poly locally that I use as my bobbin thread. By local I mean withing 15 miles. I think the shop in Deland has it but that is about 40 miles away.
Today I sandwiched and began quilting on this piece. It measures 34" x 65" at this point but will be smaller once quilted, blocked and trued up.


Susan Turney said...

The colors!!!!! I can't wait to see more!

nynative1 said...

I have been following your blog for about a year. When I moved from NY to Miami 22 years ago, I got developed sinus issues, allergies, colds, etc. for the first year. I think it has something to do with the climate change. Feel better and welcome to sunny FL!

Carol said...

Yeah, Juanita that east coast weather will bring out the worse in the sinus department. I'm from Virginia and after moving to sunny Califoriaaa I have been having not problems. That's why I'm hesitant to move back that way. Hope you feel much better. How about hoping that you feel as good and cheery as that yellow flower looks.

Lynda said...

Juanita, I love the bright colors you use in your flower quilts. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, I love the yellow flower was that one of the pictures from Marti's. LY KA