Sunday, February 14, 2010

Where has the time gone?

I don't remember much about the days between Feb. 1 and Feb 9 that is worth writing about. Yes the condo closed and yes the renovation has begun and yes there were unforeseen stuff that came to light (mainly more mold than we thought COULD be present), but we had planned to gut the bathroom anyway. Just not down to the studs. That said, the mold is gone and we should still be on target to get it all done by the 26th of the month.
My daughter will move in initially because her lease will be up at the end of the month and while she started the process to get her condo a couple of weeks before mine, her paperwork is moving much slower than mine did.
My friend Kathy came to visit on Tuesday Feb. 9. She arrived to a very chilly day after she got out of Louisville where they had a 7 inch snow fall the day before. We had to laugh about her trip here because at three in the morning on the day she was to leave she looked at her boarding pass and saw to her dismay that she was booked on a flight out of Providence, RI instead of Louisville, KY. She got that straightened out at the airport, but too late to make the flight at 6:15 am that she thought she was to take. Instead, they put her on a plane to St Louis that sat on the tarmac for a time due to the weather. After several hours lay-over in St. Louis, she finally arrived in Orlando at 2:30 in the afternoon. In hind sight, her flub up was a good thing, had she gotten her flight, she would have been stranded in Baltimore where they got a whole lot of snow and had closed the airport soon after that flight arrived at BWI (Baltimore/Washinton International).
We had an early dinner at Bahama Breeze ( one of her favorite eating places) and came home, put our feet up, ran our mouths for a spell and went to bed. She had had a L-O-N-G day.
On Wednesday we did the tourist thing and went off to Downtown Disney. On Thursday we traveled to Kissimmee because I had to drop class samples at Queen Anne's Lace Quilt Shop. We did a little antique shopping while we were there and visited a small farmers market. On the way back home we detoured through downtown Orlando and Winter Park. It was too breezy and cool to enjoy at walk at the lake, but we stopped long enough for her to see some of the fowl and get a view of one of my favorite places here.
Friday it rained all day and we had lunch at the Italian restaurant on the Lake front and then walked real fast from there to the movie theater to see Avatar in 3 D.
On Saturday we went to St Augustine, a city my daughter Rene said I would enjoy and I did. On the way there we stopped to walk a short distance on the beach north of Daytona.
And yes we did all the tourist stuff in St Augustine, like see the fort, and the cathedral and drank from the fountain of youth and walked along St George street and more.
Today Kathy and I woke early. Her flight left at 8:40AM so we were out the door by six.
So while I can't tell you where all of the last two weeks went. I can tell you I have enjoyed every day since the 9th of February because Kathy was here. If you are interested in seeing some of what we say and did, check the blogs entries below.

No comments: