Monday, March 29, 2010

I drove to Kissimmee

on Saturday to teach a class; free motion quilting 101 at Queen Anne Lace Quilt Shop. I failed to take my camera out of the bag it was toted there in so I have no pictures of the 10 class participants who were trying to relax, breath and practice. By the end of the day there were all in a better place than I was after my first free motion quilting class. They were good students.

Besides failing to take any pictures I also forgot to take a dose of Singular before I went there fore I had my customary attack of cat allergy, drippy eyes and stuffy nose by the time I left the shop so I was not in the mood to go shopping on the way home.

Sunday, Rene and I went to IKEA and I brought three wire basket racks to slide under my work table. They are silver/grey and match the table legs just like I had planned it all along. Now, I am waiting for the 60 yards of PFD I ordered from Robert Kaufman to arrive so I can dye a bunch of fabric. Tomorrow I am mixing my dye stock solutions and I will start on what I have in the house now.

I brought a red stool to sit on at the easel and four 13" x 13" x 15" fabric baskets to help hide some of the many balls of yarns and unfinished sweaters, shrugs and shawls that I have put on the back burner for now with the promise to myself to get back to all of them later.

I have a piece of fabric stretched on my make shift easel and plan to start painting on what is drawn tonight. Sorry I do not have any pictures to share. My daughter Rene borrowed my camera so she can document the lack of progress being made by the contractor from He----.

So as soon as I get my camera back I'll give you a peek at what I am working on.

2 comments:

Mary Keasler said...

Good gracious, how would you have time to post pictures with all you've got going on? I think we'll all forgive you this time. Can't wait to see that 60 yards of fabric all dyed, cut and resew into your brilliant designs.

Laura said...

I came to your blog by following a random link on someone else's blog, and just want to tell you I'm stunned by the colors and large graphics of your work!! And the quilting is fabulous, I love it all. I just ordered 10 yards of fabric for dyeing (just starting out) and I can't imagine what it's like to order 60 yards at a time. Maybe when I'm retired I'll finally have the time... Do you have a website??