Thursday, November 22, 2012

This morning I woke feeling thankful

not unlike 99% of all the mornings I've been blessed to see.  My gratitude takes in things both grand and small.  Grand, like I have a new desk top computer and 24" monitor, thanks to my daughter Lyn and her got a jump on Black Friday bargains shopping skills.  While most of the world is going smaller and smaller with their computing devises I have cheerfully moved in the other direction .  I  love sitting comfortably at a desk instead of crooked over my lap top.  As for being thankful for the samll stuff; the sun is shining, yea111 And  a not so small thing is I am not in the kitchen cooking a turkey.  Rather today thankfully I will be eating out with my girls (daughters) Lyn and Rene' and my niece Besa who will drive over from the Tampa area to join us at a place they choose.

So this morning when my eyes opened I said, "Thank you dear Lord for this day and all of my gifts and blessing for they are many; for each one of them I am truly grateful".

Once I was up and about,  while having my first cup of tea for the day I read the blog entry of my friend Kathy Loomis and I  smiled in agreement.  So true was all she said about quilt making as it is today.  I thought of the difference paths our work has taken over the years since I first met her and yet as different as our work is I appreciate our differences and realize that without all the different paths quilt makers can travel in their lives I  give thanks for those differences knowing how boring the quilt world would be if we were all on the jammed on the same road heading to the same destination.

Speaking of paths and destinations; I think I am at another cross road in my journey.  I had a long talk with an artist friend last Sunday over breakfast at Cracker Barrels and another cup of tea at my place about my lack of focus and lack of clarity about where my quilter/artist life is heading.

The indecisiveness I am feeling is nothing new. I tend to get reflective every couple to three years or so.  And this contemplative mood didn't come on suddenly either.  But since I returned from Houston I have felt the weight of it more and have decided rather than riding it out hoping it will pass, I will face it head on.  Get focused.  Get back to doing my morning pages.  I've slacked off doing them of late even though I know doing them faithfully helps and I do so need some clarity about where I want to go and what I want to do with my quilt life in the coming year(s).

So if you stopped by to read my musing. I thank you for that. 
I hope you the best day filled with the joys and what ever blessing grand and small that  you think will make the day special for you.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Juanita, and blessings to you in your quest to find your next steps in your journey. I have enjoyed the bits you've shared with us thus far. Looking forward to your morning pages again!

Anonymous said...

I am with you. I too need to get back to morning pages and showing up to do the work in the studio. I haven't done anything creative since Sept.

Morning pages are essential to getting back on track in my opinion.

Marti