Monday, October 29, 2007

When it is all said and done

I guess you have to ask yourself it it was worth it.
That's how I tend to evaluate the workshops I take. In this case I have to say it was. I got to spend the better part of two days with some like minded women. The instructor; a studio artist herself as well as a art professor here in Missouri was very sharing of her knowledge and her techniques.
But then too taking a workshop equates somewhat to why I don't like a sitting down let me think chair in my studio. It is a catchall. Workshops are catchalls in the sense that there is often ssssssssssooooooooooo much info being thrown around that it take several days to sort through what is relevant for you and how you make your art. The same goes for getting all the stuff off the chair that was so easy to toss there in the first place. It takes time to decide what goes where when it is time to clean up your clutter.
Back on the book shelf.
Into a fabric bin.
The trash. 
 
All of this needs to be put away before I can get started again. And not for long since I will be packing and going to Louisville on Sunday.
 
Most of the stuff in the chair, I think I will take with me to show to my art girls friends in Kentucky next week. And this is a peek at a part of what I did for two days. Is it me.?????
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason my computer will not give me todays pictures. Hope to see you soon. And especially want to say Happy Birthday to you.

Karoda said...

I hope I'm not too late to wish you the bestest birthday ever! Hope it is everything you need it to be!

Can't see the photos either.

Anonymous said...

Can you repost the pictures. I could not open them.

Sheila from Arizona