Thursday, May 29, 2008

Some candid shots

Someone attending my reception took these shots at my opening reception. I have some shots I took after the exhibit was hung which I will share with you all tomorrow.
I left home Sunday a week to teach and hang my exhibit at the Carnegie Art and History Center. I extended my stay in Louisville and didn't return home until Tuesday. On Wednesday I had a sit in my comfy chair and knit day during which I started on a sweater for my grand daughter Olivia. I'll show you a picture of her tomorrow that I took while I was there.
Today I went to the nursery and brought flowers to add some color to the front gardens.
All of my perinials I planted last year are doing great. They have filled out more than I had thought they would, thus leaving little room for annuals this year.
Since that is the case I will now put most of my effort this year toward the garden areas on either side of the patio out back.
I am thinking of growing some peppers and tomatoes, if I can find a way to keep the deer from eating them. Any suggestion on how to do this in an attractive way?
There was a jazz combo playing during the reception.
The food was great and I had a great turn out dispite the long holiday weekend that began on Friday.

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Hi Juanita, more time in the comfy chair sounds good to me...this week was filled with excitement that was generated from your opening and workshop last week! Thank you for being you!