Thursday, November 20, 2008

An uninspiring day

is taking shape. The clouds have rolled in and the wind is kicking up. Yesterday was sunny but today is just yuck! I am sitting at the work table in my art space looking out the window watching several men busying about laying sod at the nearly completed and last house to be build in our court. For most of the last few months I have paid scant attention to it. I think mainly because on the hanger below hung the most luscious plants all summer. (I changed the plant about three times this past growing season.)

But now that the last one of the season is gone I am left with a gaping hole through which my eye is drawn and I am now noticing the house. One strange thing thou, is the metal thingies on top of the house. Yes... there really are more than one. If you look hard you can see the very tip most of the second one. Lyn and I both thought them strange when they first appeared and we haven't t gotten past our first assessment.

No other house in our subdivision to our knowledge has a roof adornment. And stranger still, they remind both of us of the twin spires at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY. The home of the Kentucky Derby. As you know, or might not, Louisville or rather in an eastern suburb of that city where I lived until a little over two years ago.

The picture below was taken yesterday. Looking out the window today I see that the tractor is gone and the sod is down, a tree has been planted but the side walk has not been poured. I wonder how long it will be before we have new neighbors.
The only thing I am doing that is quilt related today is putting away all the stuff I packed for the workshop and changing out some quilts on the walls. The other stuff that I need to do today, like change my bed linens and the laundry you don't need to read about.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

That is a "very strange" thing on that house.
Let us know when you find out what it is.
Do you know a small child that can innocently ask what it is????
K