Sunday, August 15, 2010

Well I did it...

or shall I say Rene' did.  Today after a few laughs watching "The Other Guys"  we went bike shopping.  Guess what? While I would have been quite happy with a run of the mill bike,  I am happy to report that I am  the owner of an e-Zip.  
While it is not a Vespa, it will move along at about 15 miles an hour.   Best of all, until I get throttling up and down and the rhythm of shifting gears, pedal power will make it go just fine.  The battery has a 20 mile range if I am using it only to assist on hills rather than using it to tool along so when the weather gets a little less hot I can see myself venturing further afield.  Hmmm, I wonder if I can get a battery operated GPS for the e-Zip.
And yes, I brought a helmet.  Will take it for a spin around the shopping center parking lot in the morning  before it fills up with cars and it gets too hot.  Will  let you know how it went and if I have need of band aids or plaster casts :)

7 comments:

Penny said...

You are too cool!

Carol said...

I admire your guts, nerves, and your and your go-get-em attitude. You are some strong woman. And that helment!!!!

Anonymous said...

What FUN.....love the picture of you in your helmet! Also lovin' those morning glories! Magnificent!!! Sharon P.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Oh, you sexy girl you! How cute! Can't wait for you to post a pic of you on your new mode of transportation.

Karoda said...

You GO JUANITA! and the helmet is soooo cute with the pink flowers! I think you should mark this by creating a quilt of you on the ezip! That would be so fun!

Jean said...

You are one brave sister! And I'm loving the helmet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my how brave. I very much admire you. Every once in a while I break my bike out of the garage and peddle up and down the street, but never with power. Have a wonderful time.

Denise in Sacramento