Wednesday, October 02, 2013

October. Really!!!

    
Last Friday  I drove about 4 hours down Interstate 95 to Coral Springs to speak to a quilt guild and conduct a one day workshop.  I remembered my camera but if you are the driver of the car, you can't be a photographer so I have no pictures of what I saw getting to and fro from that very nice part of the State of Florida. 
     I was however up close and personal with a Palm tree.  They still fascinate me and at the hotel where I stayed one was growing within arms reach of my second floor room which had a balcony with two chairs and a bistro size table.  All of which  would have been great if I'd had time to sit and sip a cup of coffee on Saturday morning before I went to teach the class.

Here are some candid shots of the ladies in the class


I promised you a look at the fabric I dyed and ironed before I left last Friday morning so here it is all nicely stacked and ready to use.
I tried my hand at tray dyeing yesterday and layer dyeing.  I can't tell you how successful that was right now since the yardage is still in the dryer. So my day is laid out.  Iron  until the  dry soy beans which are soaking are ready to use,  then spend some time painting.

No comments: