Tuesday, October 07, 2014

100 plus days

and the quilting is finally done. YEA!
     I still need to add the center stamens which I will do after it is trimmed to the finished size and the facing is attached.  I can't remember the last piece I've begun that took me this long to finish.  Because I had  to make several class samples, and a  donation piece for SAQA and a dozen other small pieces for my vendor booth, this piece kept getting pushed down on my "to do" list.
     Then too once I got back to it last week  I had to readjust my thinking and build up my stamina to wrestle this piece under the needle.  It measures approx. 44" x 36".    I've been making so many small pieces of late , 24"or less on the longest side that I  got done quickly, one day or less that  working on this piece had me in my head whining like a kid on a long car trip.  How much longer?   Is that all I got done today?  Not another bobbin refill.
      It's done, so  I am not  beating myself up about taking those 100 plus days,  mainly because I went  back over the last three months and totaled up all the smaller pieces I  painted, quilted   and sold as well as taking  note of all the traveling I did for both pleasure and teaching.
    Next week I am off to Ohio  to teach for the African American Quilt and Doll Guild  as part of their quilt show in the Warrensville Heights Civic and Senior Center, 4567 Green Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128.  So if you are in the area of the On Friday Oct. 17 or 18th stop by.  Not sure if there are any spaces left in my class, Painting a Silk with Soy, but if you are interested, call Sandra @ 216-752-3409 to inquire.
     Here are two small pieces I painted as demo in my vendor booth while at the Jacksonville, FL quilt show a week or so ago.  They too are quilted but need facings which I will get to this week.

No comments: