Saturday, May 28, 2016

My Etsy shop is open.



     Yesterday I had an enjoyable day was with the group of ladies who gather on Fridays to chat, eat and do hand work of some kind; knitting, embroidery, crochet, sewn down bindings hand piece or applique.  You get the idea.  We do our own thing.  I took my little box of Hexies I've been working on for years to keep my fingers busy.  If this becomes anything, it will require me working on it for many more years.
     One of the ladies reported that she had just sold a quilt from her Etsy shop and we were all happy about the amount she sold it far.  I hadn't considered Etsy as a place where I would consider placing my work for sale.  But her report gave me pause and I decided to open a Etsy Shop to sell my quilts instead of opening a store through my website which I had considered doing.


     Working with their site was easy, really easy.   So far,  I've got about 17-18 items on the site.  I am planning to add others as well as kits and patterns and some supplies, at least the stuff that my student ask, " Where can I get that?". 


     Nothing ventured, nothing gained I say, so I will see how this goes.  Self promoting is key to selling I know.  So I began by putting my Etsy Shop on my blog.
It was easy to do that.  The Etsy site walks you through it.  Ta-da!  Now I need to see if I can link the Etsy shop as easily to my website "contact me" page. 


     I finally  got the last quilting done on the piece that has been on the HQ16 for months.  Blocked it, trimmed the excess, but have not trued the sides and corners yet.  Depending if it will cool enough to use the raised tables in the garage on Sunday or Monday, I will get  around to doing that.  But more than likely I will get this piece sandwiched and quilted instead.  It measures only 15" x 20" .  I painted while I was in Virginia at the Girl Friends Retreat.



     Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and Holiday.  Honor all who have served.
And be careful if you are on the roads or in the skies traveling.

No comments: