Sunday, April 01, 2007

What's up today

For one, the wind, it is blowing very hard this morning, I woke to the sound of it. Of course it is a good thing, it has rained and rained and rained here until I am tired of it and at least if the wind blows enough maybe the ground will dry enough for the lawn care man to come and cut it soon. Plus I have dozens and dozens of summer blooming bulbs and rhizomes to get into the ground that the rain has prevented me from doing. The yard man said he would do that too when he came.

I don't cook on Sundays, that is my daughters kitchen duty day and we are having several of her friends over for dinner tonight. I, in the mean time am working on a quilt with guess what? Flowers! The piece to measure about 44" square is for a charity auction on the 26th of April that benefits childhood cancer treatments. Sense it is what I want to donate I get to make it like I want. YEA!!!! I should be into making the flowers by the end of the day and will give you a look see at where I am then. Of course the tulips got put side for the time being. I won't be able to get back to them until I get back at the end of the month. I really must start working on the kits and handouts for a two day workshop I will be teaching in Hampton, VA on the 20th and 21st.

No comments: