Monday, May 06, 2013

Life is so unpredictable

and mine was thrown a curve I didn't see coming Sunday two weeks ago.  On April 21 when I had planned to spend the day in the garage preparing to test dye some one yard cuts of several pieces of muslin I  brought from Joann Fabrics on Saturday .  But I never got to do that.  Instead, my daughter Lyn died unexpectedly that Sunday morning and then I was hospitalized with a heart attack brought on by the shock of her death.  I am sad, but my heart is healing from both the grief and the heart attack.

In my last post I said I would not talk about the house again, but I will tell you what I have done as far as getting back to creating, which my daughter Lyn strongly supported.

The sink is in.   As it turns out my grandson Josh is a very handy person who reads instructions, follows them  and has a perfectionist streak, so you know when he does it, it will be done right.  So not only can he install ceiling fans, and light fixtures, he can put do-it-yourself furniture together and now, a sink in the garage.  No plumber was needed after all.

All the restaurant type metal sinks I wanted were too long for the space I have so this sink from the Home Depot so far is working very well.  I have installed some shelves (rather Josh did) on both sides of the sink, over the sink a dry erase board for notes and I have a small refrigerator  to keep  the dye solution in and a few bottles of water. 
This looks a mess, but I just finished dyeing some fabric that is in the washing machine.  I am waiting  for the rinse cycle to stop.  I am anxious to see how well the beached and unbleached muslin   from Joann Fabrics took the dyes.   
Here is my dye area, Yes it is a mess.  I will let you see an image of the dye area when I have neatened it up a bit.
Oh, yes, Justin the middle grandson, installed two 4 bulb shop light with day light bulb to go with the one two bulb fixture that was already in the garage.  So now  with ten - four foot bulb turned on I can work late into the night if I want to and it's like high noon in that area of the garage.

9 comments:

lenasdaughter said...

Juanita, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a child is so hard. Thinking of you during this difficult time. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Jodi said...

Oh, Yuanita, my heart is sad for you. Thank God for grandsons, though. I hope you find peace and comfort in many ways. xo

nay-nay said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. With sympathy , Renee Allen

Susan Turney said...

Juanita, I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's death. I can't imagine what you are going through but hope you are taking care of yourself. And I'm so happy you have so many projects planned. I know that will help while you work through your grief.

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Juanita, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Continue to heal. Robin

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Sending hugs and sympathy. Like Jodi said, thank Good for grandsons.

Patricia said...







I am so very very sorry for your loss! Although I am not close enough to offer personal support, please know that lots of people are sending special prayers your way. As Robin said, "continue to heal"!







angie said...

Juanita, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Prayers to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Juanita,
So so sorry to hear about your loss. I will be praying for your healing and peace.
Take time to take care of yourself.
Tee Keeffe