Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today I painted

for a spell and went off  for a little retail therapy in one of my favorite places.  The Bernina Sewing Center in Lake Mary, FL.  Here is what I got done on my commission piece today before lunch.

I haven't been out of the house for a few day except to walk to the mail box  and I can't say how long it's been since I was in a quilt shop so after lunch I drove to Lake Mary and this is what I came home with. 
It was so fun seeing all of the pretty colors and happy patterns on the shelves of the quilt shop.  Getting out of the house was a good thing too even though I was stuck in a traffic jam for 30 minutes on the way home because of a multi-car accident at the intersection before my turn lane to the condo community where I live. 
 
While in the shop, as I looked and of course patted and narrowed my choices to these seven fabrics, I chatted with the ladies in the shop knowing as I asked for two yards of each that  none of them would  be used for any quilt top of mine.
  
Oh what fun I'll have using  them for backings.  
 
Between dyeing and buying fun stuff, I am slowly rebuilding my fabric stash.
At the end of the day this is where I am. 

No comments: