Thursday, July 27, 2006

De-constructing a studio is a sad, sad thing.

I've come to the conclusion that my move to Columbia is producting different emotions that are not as simple as I'M HAPPY or I'M SAD, or as cut and dry as BLACK or WHITE. Rather I am feeling a tad DULL. Or as in art speak I am feeling on most days a middle values of grey. On some days I am truly happy and looking forward to going. Up the grey scale I go.
Change is GOOD! After all, what is life without some adventures.
On other days when I see the eyes of those I am leaving I am sadden by the prospect that I will no longer be close to them physically and down the grey scale I go, but not all the way to black.
Black would be bad and in which case I would change my mind about leaving.

All of my truest friends who are more like my family of choice, live so close to me that I can call, say I am on my way and be there within minutes. I'm going to miss that. On the other hand I know I will be back to see them, just as I will my born into family.
Especially my dear Miss Livy (Olivia Faye)
But will visits be enough for us to stay close. I pray the bond between us will hold dispite the distance.

I know a lot of these feelings are surfacing because I have not created anything in WEEKS.
I have found great joy in occupying this space although I have out grown it.
The disassembling of my studio is a sad,sad thing.
I thnk I have produced some good work here. On the other hand I am truly looking forward to my new space in Columbia. But for now, dispite the sign over my studio door that reads "SMILE", today I am a middle value grey.

Sniff, sniff.

Gotta go, there's more packing to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»