Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fast over and back.

Drove to Louisville on Wednesday and arrived in time to have dinner with three friends at my favorite oriental resturant. Then it was off to my monthly art quilt critique group meeting. This month we focused on us sellecting enough of our collective work for an upcoming exhibition in a local gallery.

It is truly surprising how well our work hangs together dispite us all being very different in personalities and styles of working. We will not have total control over the exhibit and the look of it since the gallery's director reserves the right to futher jury what and the number of works that will be displayed.

I came back to Columbia (home) today. Whew.

I am currently working on a class sample for a project specific workshop that I will be teaching in four locations beginning in October. Thank goodness this is the last project that I have to do for the sake of my teachhing. After it is completed by the middle of next week, I will be able to at last begin working on some ideas that have been floating around in my head for several months.

At this time I don't want to go into too much detail least I talk myself out of biting into this very different apple.

No comments: