Friday, September 01, 2006

Here's Carlos and the Garden at McDonald's





And yes, the spot of yellow in the lawn that I will miss very much.

I know there is a friend of mine named Marti who is wondering why I was at the McDonald's in the first place. She is a lover of the healthy and is always encouraging me to be mindful of what I put in my mouth, chew and swollow. But on this day I was HUNGRY for something unhealthy and french fries sounded sooooo goood. I brought them and ate every last one. Then I like a kid, licked the salt from my fingers when I was done. AHHHHH!


I have been so good since moving here as far as eating RIGHT is concerned that it is scary. Home cooked meals, fresh veggies and fruit, grilled, baked and broiled low fat meats. Of course it helps when you have to think about just how BAD do you want a french fry or anything considered FAST FOOD if it is 8-9 miles away.

I justified the french fries on Monday because I was shopping at a Walmart across the street for fabrc to use as lining for my window treatment. I HAD TO PASS the McDonalds on my way home.

Okay, okay, I'll be honest, to get there did require that I make a detour to the left.

Columbia I think must be the home of the SUPER WALMART. The city of 100,000 on a good day will soon have three and they will be closing two not so super ones. The next one to open in October is SOOOOO LARGE (a full city block long) they need to give everyone who enters the store one of those electical carts. When I am shopping for more than one thing, I always ask for one and feel no guilt, because without fail, what I came for and need are items that are, ONE always at the back of the store and TWO are more often than not on the far opposite ends of the place.

I think they do it on purpose. If shoppers at Walmart's did not stroll through the super sized stores but walked at a nice pace, they could kill two birds on any given day with one stone, shop and exercise. I'm not going to do either one of those things today. I'm going to my studio.

No comments: