Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Before I go chase a few dust bunnies around

I thought I'd give you a look at my latest piece. It was created with a combination of dye painting and screen printing. It still needs facing and sleeves, but that is the task I will undertake tomorrow morning.
Why are there two images of the same work? Because I ask Picasa to color correct the image and it gave me this wonderful green background that I wished I had done rather then the real background color that is ProChem's Safari Grey. The colors of the large petals are the colors in the green background piece. It is a good thing I will not be using either one of these images for a juried competition.  
 
Posted by Picasa

The reason I will be chasing dust bunnies in a little while is my less than enthusiastic effort to tidy the house before a reporter come tomorrow to interview me for an article that will appear in a locally published magazine titled Inside Columbia I think it is a quarterly so I am not sure when it will be on the news stand but will let you know, when I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Juanita - you are a very talented person. I love reading your blog. Thanks soooooo much for sharing!

Sheila from Arizona