Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I was out and about yesterday




Took a trip to the coast with two new friends yesterday ( Joyce and Marilyn) to visit the Byrd's Nest Quilt Shop in Ormond Beach. It was located in the historic district of the city in a two story building that you enter from the parking lot side instead of through the front door facing the street. The shop boast of having 5000 bolts of fabric and that looked to be true along with lost of books, notions and displays of completed projects from bags to jackets to aprons. The shop was very chopped up with collections of fabric displayed in many rooms ranging from one large closet size room to a couple of nice sized open spaces and a class room. I did buy several fat quarters of pinks and greens while there for the applique quilt I am working on, but there wasn't anything in a larger length that I "just HAD" to take home with me.
It was getting close to lunch time when we were ready to leave the shop so as visitors to the area, we asked one of the women in the shop to recommend a good place for lunch and were given three choices. We decided on the place with the ocean view and outside seating. It was wonderful. There was a breeze blowing in from the ocean and white clouds in the sky. Did I say wonderful.
While at the quilt shop we were told too of a sister shop in Palm Coast, which had a completely different inventory of fabrics. Palm Coast was not to far away from where we had lunch so we went to visit the second shop and there I found LOTS of fabric that I wanted to own, but did not buy not one inch, mainly because I had no idea of what I would make with it. For some reason buying fabric to have it, no longer appeals to me.
We took the local roads home from the coast instead of I-95 and I-4 and happened upon a really fun looking place that begged us to stop the car, get out and look around. So we did. No I didn't buy anything. I might would have, but I kept thinking that if I took it home I would have to dust it from time to time so I passed on the urge. However that sun/moon looks like something that would be fun to hang on the wall of the balcony, hmmmm. No no.... scratch that thought. Its way too far to drive back just for that.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have bought the giraffe

Jean said...

Sounds like an wonderful and inexpensive day of fun!

Karoda said...

love your explorations!

Karoda said...

oh, and didn't you change your email address? needs to be changed here on your blog.