Monday, May 23, 2011

When I say I live in my studio


I really do mean I live in my studio which means it is hard to put any distance between my life and my life as a quilter.  One way I have coped with living with all the stuff one needs to make quilts is to keep as much  of it as possible hidden from view and what must be out, kept as orderly as possible and not clutter.
Generally I work only on one thing at a time and after I finish it and before I begin another I put  away all the stuff pulled out  and used for the last piece.  But I did not do that this time.  As you know I am working on an ongoing project, one that will in all likelihood turn into a twin size bed quilt, just maybe a double bed size one.  No promises.  In order to live with this ongoing project I am going to need some container ( a basket or some such) to hid away the thread and pieces when I am not actively working on it because just leaving it laying around is just too... unsightly.

This is the full view of the piece I finished for AQS/Iowa minus the binding.  Will let you know how I fared once the the jury is in.
I made the trip to the Library this morning to return all the books on CD that have gone unlistened to.   I still love my Nook.   I didn't realize how much I missed reading myself to sleep.
I am spending the rest of today putting some order back to my living/working space.  Ideas are moving through my head for the piece I want to do for Houston.  I have soy beans soaking, I plan to play with some techniques tomorrow to see if I can bring then together to create something interesting. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Your work is so breathtaking. I wish you lived closer! I love seeing your art projects. Thank you for sharing it.

Robbie said...

I love your AQS piece! I had to click on the picture to get a better look at it. It's beautiful!!

Mary said...

The snowdrops are gorgeous! Do you call them snowdrops where you have no snow? We used to run our business from our two bedroom apartment (complete with two children) and I'd wake up looking at my desk and the work on it. It's the best of worlds and the worst of worlds!

Dee J. said...

Hi Juanita,
I just discovered your blog from another friend's list of blogs she visits. I love your work. I enjoyed reading about the pieces you are currently working on and I simple adored the delicate flower you're considering for the AQS entry.

I am a quilter and would love to expand my lists of fellow AA quilting enthusiasts and friends. You are welcome to visit my blog at http://fab-lover.blogspot.com