Thursday, December 31, 2015

My great grand mother used to say

whatever you are doing when the new year comes in is what you will be doing for the rest of the year.  I guess that is why there is so much kissing. 
Anyway since there is no one here for me to kiss at midnight, I think I will set my alarm to wake me a little before just in case I nod off,  then get myself to my studio and put a few more brush stokes to this piece.  No wait, if I take that literally does that mean I will be working on this same piece for a year.... nah!  I've never worked on any thing that long, not since one of the  first quilts I made way back in 1986 when I was still working full time , had a husband and  had two of my four kids still at home.

  
 
 
     

After I finished painting the last piece I thought I would put a little order to my paint inventory.  I don't have as many different colors as it looks.  Because I teach, I have several tubes  of the same colors to pass around during classes.

It's been a while since I painted a yellow flower.  And I don't think I have done ones that overlap,  Will give you another look see maybe at the end of my painting day tomorrow. 

Happy New Year.  Here's to piece, joy and creativity.  And be mindful of where you are, and what you are doing and with who... or is that whom.

No comments: