Tuesday, January 05, 2016

I was free motion quilting

at mid-night when 2016 arrived.   I wasn't working on anything of importance because my old eyes



 prefer natural light.  This is what I did,  making it officially the first completed  project for this year.  Today before I stop for lunch I finished quilting project #2, the piece below. I blocked and squared it.  It is hanging on my design wall.  I think it needs something more in the background and some adjustment in the value of the shadow to the right of center, seems too dark to me now that I am seeing in here.  So I will live with it a few days. 
 
 
This is my next piece in line to be quilted. 
 
I used my  last piece of prepared silk for the above piece and on
 Sunday I soaked  five yards of silk broadcloth in soy milk and hung it on the cloth line in the garage to dry.   It's been a little nippy here in Central FL the last couple of days.  Long pants, socks and long sleeve T were called for.  I am not complaining... the sun has been shining, yeah.  A good start to the New Year.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Karen Davis said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you beauty and joy!