Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sometimes it is easier to get started when there is a purpose

or goal or deadline looming.  This morning as I do most mornings, I read a blog post by Kathy Loomis.  In it she was talking about sending a small piece of art to SAQA for an auction that will be part of this year's SAQA conference in PA.  In the past I have supported SAQA by sending a piece for the Auction they hold in Houston, but I have not done one for the conference.  Not sure if this is something new for SAQA or possibly I was simply unaware.  The Houston auction requires a finished 12" square piece, this one, asked for a 6" x 8" unfinished edge which they will matt resulting  in a viewable size of  4.5" x 6.5".  Small, really small.  I don't as a rule do small.
   But since  my muse wasn't up to tackling anything significant, something in the 3 ft x 4 ft range,  I thought maybe I could induce her to work up a little enthusiasm for something really small and guess what.  By lunch I had it painting and by the end of my studio day it was done and sealed in an envelope ready to mail.
     I think I will put  it in the mail next week.  I hear the mid-Atlantic states are going to get creamed with up to 2 feet of snow in a few days.  So I won't add more work for the post man right now.
Here is what the piece looks like measuring 6 in x 8 in
 
 
This is  approximately what it will  look like matted to 4.5in x 6.5in 

2 comments:

Carol said...

The colors are yummy. Beautiful as usual.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a beauty!