Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I was going gung ho for the first two weeks

of this year, then I hit a brick wall by the name of Brenda Joyce Bolton, my sis-n-law, or my late husbands oldest sister.  She sold her home in LA along with everything in it except some clothes, shoes, and boxes of family and friend photos.  She was my house guest for 8 days. 
     Trying to make the task of getting her settled here so she would be close to family, six miles from me, three from my daughter Rene, we found her a condo and got the buying process underway before she arrived thinking that would give us fewer headaches when she did arrive.  WRONG. 
     She arrived on the 8th and for nine days it has been go, go, go and shop, shop, shop.  Although the condo was recently renovated, there was still stuff she wanted done, like installing ceiling fans and light fixtures.  Her choice of new furniture dictated that the walls should be painted a different color.  A washer and dryer was added to list along with everything else from living room to den to bedroom furnishings and of coarse window treatments. 
     I wish I'd been wearing a Fit-Bit, I know I did more than three miles or more  each and every day.  Needless to say, there was no studio time during that time.  All I was fit for at the end of each day was coming home and falling into bed only to roll out early the next and start going again.
     So my part of helping her get settled is done as of Sunday but I needed Monday to recoup.  Today I was in the studio and  I tried to find my muse, but she was nowhere to be found.  I leafed through some of my sketch books, and looked at some of the photo images I have of flowers on the computer, nothing.
      So I thought I'd update my blog, have a cup of tea, a light supper in a few minutes and call it a day.  Maybe after a good sleep tonight my muse will show up tomorrow, oh please, oh please.

 As I was sitting at my computer, I looked out the window and these leaves in the shadow of the house against the bright green of the lawn that was sunlit caught my eye.  Hmmm.

No comments: