Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No luck

As of this time which is 10:30 PM the studio lights have not been turned on. Where did the day go you ask?
Well, I taught a class which is a 1/2 hour drive from my house. Two hours and 45 minutes later I was on the way into the city , 15 minutes from the part of town where I was teaching. Parked and walked to the Court house, to the Probate Office then it was on to the funeral home to get them to fill out papers I need for the Court.
Needed sewing machine needles so I made the trek back to my side of town to visit the Handcocks. Then I got way-layed by the 1/2 price book store where I brought 3 art books.
I no longer read or look at the quiltworks of other quilt artist for ideas or inspiration.

I didn't get up early enough to take time to eat breakfast. My cup of Starbucks that I stopped to get on the way to class had held me until this point (3:15PM) and it was way past lunch time.
My stomach grumplings made me cut my book search short.

As I was leaving the book store a friend called wanting a consult on some of her latest pieces that she is getting ready for a gallery show. Great for me, I love her work and always enjoy our visits, however this was bad, bad bad for my studio time. When we are together we can talk non-stop for hours. I left her house at 5PM. I was so hungry, I stopped at Subway for a 6" Veggie Delite, on whole wheat with Salt, Pepper and Vinegar only, also stopped for a second cup of coffee at Starbucks to go with my first meal of the day.

With the help of a full stomach, the coffee and tendency to owlishness I am on the way to the studio.
Come visit tomorrow and get a pictorial up date.
God bless.

No comments: