This is a close up of the quilting
Yesterday and the day before, I spent the mornings in the garage making six silk screen from stretcher bars and lengths of polyester curtain sheer fabric. My hands are complaining today (using the heavy duty stapler). I think I will invest in an electric one if I ever decide that the screens need replacing in the future. As anyone who knows me knows I do not do anything small so four of the silk screens I plan to use once I am comfortable with the process of Deconstructed Screen Printing are as large as I think I can handle by myself. 24 x 48, 22 x 40, 32 x 36 and 24 x 34 . The actual screen sizes are somewhat smaller after they are Duct Taped. Of the six I did make two small ones measuring 18 x 18 and 10 x 10 which I will use for practicing the technique.
I mixed my print paste two evenings ago so it is ready and this morning I will soda ash soak some fabric, let it air dried in the garage and make up some dyes. But first I have to make a run to the hardware store to get some rope and clothes pins. Or one of those folding clothes dryers. Hope to have some examples of what I am doing in a day or so.