Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cincinnati class

I had fifteen students in my two day painting on silk class.  Here are some candid shots of the class as they were showing off what they had painted.  Some are shown machine quilting, others were still painting their second project.  They were all given the same pattern but look how different they look.  No one selected the same colors to use for their flowers or their leaves.



The room was really  a treat to teach in and well suited for this class with enough room for everyone to have a table of their own. Great natural lighting as well as overhead lighting.  There was a utility sink and a small kitchenette that allowed the host to organize a pot luck lunch the first day and pizza was delivered on day two.  As with all quilt gatherings there was more than enough food, the good healthy stuff as well as the not so, like cookies and chips as well as  chocolate which I think of as a GOOD THING, especially chocolate with almonds.


Posted by PicasaAs I drive down the hill to the Ohio River from the Kentucky side, the sky line of Cincinnati is a post card opportunity but not when you are the one who is driving.  I took this after I pulled over to the side of the road as I was driving up the hill leaving the city behind.
I hope I get invited back to teach for the group, they were wonderful.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

Hi Jaunita!
What a fun bunch of posts! That class looks so great...I'm sure they were all thrilled to be there. I especially like the flower in the top right on the floor...love the color!
I had no doubts the purchaser would love the commission quilt. I can't wait to see what the next one will be!