Friday, March 10, 2006

No time to blog

I've been working. The quilt is now in three large hunks at this point. I am always happy when I get to this stage with any piece I am working on. If all goes as planned it should be a top complete by dinner today. Then I will sandwich the quilt and before bedtime I should be quilting.
How to quilt a top is the part that gives me pause. Of course how to quilt the flowers is a given, because the pattern in the flowers will be that of natural veining. But the back ground is another thing. Will I quilt it with an organtic feel. That is,curving lines as if the wind is blowing or shall I step away from reality and do some quilting that is unrelated to the subject but still demonstrates unity between foreground and background. I don't know at this point.

No comments: