Monday, May 01, 2006

I tried it and I liked it.

I am rather disorganized when it comes to paperwork. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I have been looking for an idiot proof way for keeping up with my quilts past, present and future, for many years. I was reading my e-mail this morning and found a post concerning a program titled "My Art Collection". While it appeared at first glance that the program looks like it was designed more for collectors of art, rather than makers of the art, it does make recording information about my work simplier than working with a spreadsheet and keeping a separate file of photo images. The company will let you test drive their program to see if you like it before you buy it,I did. Then I brought it.

I just have to remember to back up my files just in case my computer dies like the others ones I've had did.

Go check it out if you have thought of documenting your work.

http://www.my-artcollection.com/.

1 comment:

Elle said...

That's a pretty good idea. I've been keeping track of mine in both a book and an Excel spreadsheet.