Friday, May 18, 2007

Another flower

this one "Red Bloom on Blues" was made as a sample for the class I will be teaching here in Columbia, MO at Satin Stitches Quilt Shop. The class won't be until August but I didn't want to wait to get this project off my to do list. The photographer for the paper was here as scheduled and took pictures of me sitting at my sewing machine quilting, which was a hold lot easier to do then try to keep a "GOOD" face while someone strange is taking your picture portrait style.
Will let you know if the article is in the Sunday Columbia Tribune as the reporter said she wanted.

For Mother's Day the grand boys got me the flowers you can see on the Shepherds hook where it is in the ground out side my studio window also in the other photo you can see too what I see when I look out at the planted area too.
 

 

 
The weather here is great, the sun is shining and the temperatures are very comfortable with low humidity. If I knew what colors I needed or wanted to dye this would have been a great day to be out in the garage working, but alas I have no clue. So besides finishing the Red Bloom quilt, I watched the landscaper ride back and forth across the yard making it level. I watched him bury the drain hoses for the gutter run off and move the dirt into position for a berm. Finally there is progress in the yard. There is hope for green grass by mid June.

No comments: