Saturday, August 19, 2006

Weathering the storm and lifes other adventures

As I promised here are some pictures of the house and the disorder I am still dealing with. I have told myself several times today that this mess really isn't THAT BAD considering we have been in the house just 7 days.
This is a view of the great room from the kitchen sink. Still a way to go as I said before it will be open house ready.


This is a view of one wall in what will be my studio space in this house.
This the view from the front door. The cars are still in the drive because the garage is still full of boxes some unpacked and waiting to be broken down for the trash collector, but far more in need of unpacking. See the lamp post that the storm and wind pushed into its present leaning position.

This is the view of the back yard as seen from the kitchen door that leads to a covered porch. The grass really need mowing and deweeding and fertilizing and reseeded. I forgot just how much work a yard can be. THE ONLY SAVING GRACE IS THE HOUSE CAME WITH AN INGROUND LAWN SPRINKLING SYSTEM. Now if there was a gardner too.
The bed rooms are livable although not totally decorated. The kitchen is functional. We found a place for everything even though we were combining two fully supplied kitchens. I learned how the Jen-aire range operates. Hurray!!! Last night I grilled pork chops on it cooked steamed broccoli and stewed corn for dinner.

Yesterday before the storm hit and the power failed I sat down at my sewing machine and did some sewing. It has been sssssssssssooooooooooooooo long since I have done that I almost felt like I SHOULD HAVE INTRODUCED MYSELF TO THE MACHINE. Good thing it remembered my touch. It worked beautifully. I made a bed skirt that will match the shower curtains in my bath and the window treatment in my bedroom. While I do not enjoy keeping house. The dusting etc. I do love to decorate and make window treatments.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Moving's always rough. Here's to your being settled soon!