Tuesday, April 04, 2006

If this is home...

It's got to be Tuesday. When I travel I tend to loose my awareness of days. This trip was no exception. I knew where I needed to be when, but when you find yourself waking in strange beds I have to pause to gather myself and mentally go through the schedule others have planned for me. I drove half way home from Portsmouth, VA on Sunday staying again in Beckley, WV, where it rained during the night, but only just hard enough to rouse me from my sleep for a second or two.

I drove the rest of the way home yesterday (Monday) fighting the wind for most of the way. My friends told me I missed the big storm but saw evidence of it as I neared my community. The traffic lights were still out and some lovely old trees were felled as well as several Bradford pears.

This morning the sun is shining and signs of Spring are evident. The lawn people are mowing. They put down fresh mulch while I was away. Looks really good. Oh yes, sprucing up for summer and the very best part is I didn't have to do it. My pansies on the deck railing survived no ones attention but were sorely in need of watering. There was no help from Mother Nature this time while I was away. My unit faces east and they said the rain came from the west.

No more lolly-gagging, it's now time to get seriously back to the studio and finish up the piece I left here when I left here last week. I need to manage my time so I can manage to complete one more piece before my self imposed June 5 deadline. After that it will be time to do the boring but totally necessary administrative work for the exhibit.

No comments: