Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Out and about part 6

At the Historical museum I met Leandra Spangler, and several others including Rosemary Claus-Gray
This is Leandra and an example of what she does.
Posted by Picasa
The other work in this in this collage besides Janet Ghio (left)belong to Karen Stiehl Osborne(top right who had come into town from Omaha, NE. and Jo Stealey (bottom right) works created with handmade paper. Even up close it look like wood and rocks.
For the next two days , Karen, Rosemary and Leandra will be playing in Leandra's studio. I invited myself to join them but only to look over their shoulder for an hour or so.
I have books to read and because I am an ARTIST there are two calls for solo show proposals that interest me and I need do the paper work and gather my images then get the info package into the mail.
Then again, there are four other sites with fiber art on exhibit in the city that I did not have time to see oday. Maybe on the way to or from Leandra's studio I can work those venues into my day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Hi Juanita! It was great to meet you in Columbia, and I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to stop by Leandra's studio. Maybe next time...