Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Part 3

Sortly after having a light lunch I drove into the center of the city (The District) to visit several galleries and museums that had fiber exhibits. The first place I stopped was at PS Gallery where I ran into Janet Ghio, one of the artist in my once a month group, She was there with her best friend, also a fiber artist. We were there to see the works of Jo Stealey. I was told she is a Professor at the University of Missouri. I have not met her but she does some very interesting stuff. This exhibit was a combo of fiber, paper and "Real" leaves that she had collected and preserved and encased in layers of fabric.

Posted by Picasa

From there Janet and I and her friend Rebecca Douglas walked to the end of the block and into The Boone County Bank to see the works of the Luanne Rimel.

No comments: